Wellbeing Calendar 2022
Published by: nikola,
We are excited to present our 2022 Wellbeing Calendar! Our calendar supports wellbeing planning by offering a look ahead to a full year of themed content.
Refresh Your Wellbeing
Did you know that happiness is the single best word that captures the meaning of wellbeing? This new year, open your mind to positive emotions—this will allow you to broaden your perspective, and build your mental and emotional resilience.
- 24th: International Day of Education
- Dry January
Healthy Heart and Mind
Staying fit is vital for a healthy heart and mind, yet it can be hard to stay motivated. The best way to turn exercise into a part of your normal routine is to make it something you enjoy. Find out more about how to make fitness fun.
- National Heart Month
Getting too little sleep, even for a night or two, can leave you feeling exhausted, forgetful, and irritable. Making a few small and simple changes this month could make a big difference in helping you get the rest you need.
- 1st: Zero Discrimination Day
- 9th: No Smoking Day
- 20th: International Day of Happiness
- 21st: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
Supporting Families… of all sorts and sizes
You may be caring for an older relative or trying to balance work and home life – whatever your family situation your assistance programme is here to support you through life’s challenges.
- 2nd: World Autism Awareness Day
- 7th: World Health Day
- 22nd: Earth Day
- 28th: World Day for Safety and Health at Work
The Ambiguous Side of Mental Health
You may not have a diagnosed mental health condition but may still feel low. Mental health issues don’t always present themselves in an extreme or obvious manner. Learn about some of the warning signs to watch out for and ways to improve your mental wellbeing.
- 15th: International Day of Families
- 16th – 22nd: Mental Health Week
- 17th: International Day against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia
- 31st: World No Tobacco Day
Cultivating a Climate of Inclusion
With equal opportunities, PRIDE initiatives, allyship, empathy groups, diversity committees—organisations are doing whatever they can to ensure their employees feel supported. This month the focus will be on how people leaders and their teams can learn ways to cultivate a climate of inclusion.
- 1st: Global Day of Parents
- 5th: World Environment Day
- 27th: Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day
The Power of Friendship
Humans are social creatures – our friendships play a vital role in our mental and social wellbeing. This month explore the important benefits of friendships and ways to find and develop these important social connections.
- 24th: International Self-Care Day
- 30th: International Day of Friendship
Never Too Soon to Plan for Retirement
Retirement planning isn’t only about having enough savings. It’s also about the important elements in the next stage of your life’s journey—relationships, leisure, health, and more. It’s never too soon (or too late) to plan for a happy, rewarding retirement for a job well done!
- 9th: International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- 31st: International Overdose Awareness Day
Flexible working has certainly taken on more meaning in recent years. Let us help you find ways to adjust, adapt, and thrive in a new or non-traditional work arrangement.
- 10th: World Suicide Prevention Day
Impact of Social Media on Mental Health
Social media and online connections have been a blessing during the pandemic, enabling families and friends to stay in touch. However, social media can have the opposite effect on mental health, leaving many people feeling isolated and alone. This month we will feature resources on the effect social media has on mental health.
- Global Diversity Month
- 10th: World Mental Health Day
Peaceful Festivities: Getting along with your relatives
It can sometimes feel like a challenge to keep the peace with everyone in your family during the festive season as pressure mounts and personalities clash. You are not alone! This month we will be featuring resources to guide you and your family through this sometimes challenging time of the year.
- 16th: International Day for Tolerance
- Movember Month – Men Physical and Mental Health
Staying Grounded with Mindfulness
The last few years have been a challenge for everyone around the world. We have all been trying to deal with big changes, and maintain a “new normal” way of living. We will be sharing resources to show you how to stay grounded through mindfulness throughout this month.
- 3rd: International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- 10th: International Human Rights Day