Wellbeing Calendar 2022
Published by: LifeWorks,
We are excited to present our 2022 Wellbeing Calendar! Our calendar supports wellbeing planning by offering a look ahead to a full year of themed content.
Refresh Your Wellbeing
Did you know that happiness is the single best word that captures the meaning of wellbeing? This new year, open your mind to positive emotions—this will allow you to broaden your perspective, and build your mental and emotional resources.
- 24th: International Day of Education
- 26th: Bell Let’s Talk
Healthy Heart and Mind
Staying fit is vital for good heart health, yet it can be hard to stay motivated. The best way to turn exercise into a part of your normal routine is to make it something you enjoy. Find out more about how to make fitness fun.
- Heart and Stroke Month
- Psychology Month
Getting too little sleep, even for a night or two, can leave you feeling exhausted, forgetful, and irritable. Making a few small and simple changes this month could make a big difference in helping you get the rest you need.
- 1st: Zero Discrimination Day
- 20th: International Day of Happiness
- 21st: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Nutrition Month
Supporting Families… of all sorts and sizes
Whether it’s with a partner, children, in-laws or, pets—families come in all shapes and sizes. Your assistance program is here to help you face family challenges, together!
- 2nd: World Autism Awareness Day
- 7th: World Health Day
- 22nd: Earth Day
- 28th: World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- Video — How to Work Remotely with Children
- Keeping Your Relationship Strong When You’re in a Stepfamily
Microsite: The Ambiguous Side of Mental Health
Feeling blue? Distracted at work? Can’t quite put your finger on what’s wrong? It’s not just you—mental health issues don’t always present themselves in an extreme or obvious manner. Learn about some of the warning signs to watch out for and ways to improve your mental wellbeing.
- 2nd: Microsite Launch
- 2nd – 8th: Mental Health Week
- 15th: International Day of Families
- 17th: International Day against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia
- 31st: World No Tobacco Day
- Languishing: What It Means and Why You Might Be Struggling with It
- Video — Supporting a Friend, Family Member or Colleague with Mental Illness
Cultivating a Climate of Inclusion
Equal opportunities, PRIDE initiatives, allyship, empathy groups, diversity committees—organizations are doing whatever they can to ensure their employees feel supported. This month the focus will be on how people leaders and their teams can learn ways to cultivate a climate of inclusion.
- 1st: Global Day of Parents
- 5th: World Environment Day
- 27th: Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day
- Men’s Health Month
The Power of Friendship
It is widely known that humans are social creatures. And our friendships play a vital role in our mental and social wellbeing. This month explore the benefits of friendships and ways to find and develop these important social connections.
- 24th: International Self-Care Day
- 30th: International Day of Friendship
Never Too Soon to Plan for Retirement
Retirement planning isn’t only about having enough savings, but all the important elements in the next stage of your life’s journey—relationships, leisure, health, and more. It’s never too soon (or too late) to plan for a happy, rewarding retirement for a job well done!
- 9th: International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- 31st: International Overdose Awareness Day
Flexible working has certainly taken on more meaning in recent years. Let us help you find ways to adjust, adapt, and thrive in a new or non-traditional work arrangement.
- 10th: World Suicide Prevention Day
- 30th: Truth and Reconciliation Day
Microsite: Impact of Social Media on Mental Health
Social media and online connections have been a blessing during the pandemic, enabling families and friends to stay in touch. However, social media can have the opposite effect on mental health, leaving many people feeling isolated and alone. This month we will feature resources on the impact social media has on mental health.
- Global Diversity Month
- 10th: Microsite Launch
- 3rd – 9th: Mental Illness Awareness Week
- 10th: World Mental Health Day
Peaceful Holidays: Getting along with your relatives
It can sometimes feel like a challenge to keep the peace with everyone in your family during the holiday season, as pressure mounts and personalities clash. You are not alone! This month we will be featuring resources to guide you and your family through this sometimes-challenging time of the year.
- 16th: International Day for Tolerance
- Nov 28th – Dec 4th: Digital Health Week
- Financial Literacy Month
- Movember Month – Men Physical and Mental Health
Staying Grounded with Mindfulness
The last few years have been a challenge for everyone around the globe to maintain a “new normal” way of living. We will be sharing resources to show you how to stay grounded through mindfulness throughout this month.
- 3rd: International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- 10th: International Human Rights Day